These dense and moist banana muffins are super quick to make and even quicker to eat.
I love this recipe. I have been baking using it for years. This delicious banana muffin recipe is easy to follow and can be done in one bowl. So less washing up, another big plus.
Often, I use this recipe to bake 9 inch ( 22cm ) round cake or a loaf cake. This time, I made muffins as they are great for kids-packed lunches.
If you would like something a bit more fancier, these taste great with cream cheese frosting.
How easy is to make these delicious banana muffins, you ask?
Very very easy…
Firstly, add softened butter, sugar, eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. You can use a food processor if you have one.
Also, combine flour, cinnamon, and bicarbonate soda in another bowl. Measure room temperature buttermilk and set aside. Alternatively, you can replace buttermilk with plain yogurt or milk+1tsp vinegar.
Mix the wet ingredients first
Mix wet ingredients and sugar ( except buttermilk ) with a handheld mixer or food processor until combined. Add buttermilk and mix again.
Finally, sift the flour, cinnamon, and bicarbonate soda over the wet ingredients and fold it with a spatula or a metal spoon until it is combined.
If using a food processor, pulse sifted dry ingredients until combined.
And that’s it. I told you it was super easy.
Last but not least, divide batter evenly between 12 muffin tin and bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30min. Or until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean without any crumbs attached. Decorate as you wish and enjoy!
Delicious Banana Muffins
- 125g (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 330g (1 1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 2-3 (1 cup) ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 100ml (1/3cup+1tbsp) buttermilk*
- 225g (1 1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- Pre-heat oven to 180C ( 160 C if using a fan-forced oven ), and line 12 muffin tin with liners.
- Place softened butter, mashed banana, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs into a food processor and pulse to combine. If you don't have a food processor, place ingredients into a large bowl and mix with a handheld mixer.
- Add buttermilk, pulse to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, cinnamon, and bicarbonate soda.
- Add the sifted flour and bicarbonate soda to the food processor and process until it is combined. If using a handheld blender, add sifted flour or sift straight over the wet ingredients. Fold with a metal spoon or spatula until combined.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin tin and bake for 25-30 min or until an inserted wooden skewer comes out without crumbs attached to it. Decorate with icing and dried bananas, or vanilla buttercream. Enjoy!