These classic easy chocolate brownies have a gooey center and chewy edges. Not surprisingly, it is one of the favorite treats and it is not that difficult to bake.
Calling all chocolate lovers! I have a recipe to share for super easy chocolate brownies. Simple, easy to bake, only a handful of ingredients yet very delicious.
I have been baking a lot lately ( probably it’s down to quarantine ) and found this recipe written on a piece of paper. I have a huge pile of printed random recipes that I promise myself to try but rarely have enough time to do it all. These brownies are perfect.
They are sooo moreish…gooey in the middle and have that wonderful crusty top. What’s not to like, right?
So without further ado…
To make super easy chocolate brownies
Step 1. Melt the butter and chocolate
Melt the butter in the small saucepan over medium heat.
Take from the stove, add chopped pieces of dark chocolate, leave it to melt for a few min. Then, mix it all till smooth. Leave to cool slightly.
Step 2. Mix dry ingredients
While the chocolate is cooling, mix plain flour, salt, and cocoa powder in a separate bowl.
Step 3. Beat eggs & sugar
Now, beat eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar for a few minutes with a handheld mixer. Beat until the sugar is incorporated and the mixture turns pale and creamy.
Step 4. Add chocolate to eggs
Next, pour melted chocolate/ butter mixture into egg/sugar mixture. Fold with a rubber spatula gently.
At this step, make sure that the chocolate and butter are not hot before pouring them into an egg. It will prevent eggs from turning into scrambled eggs.
Step 5. Incorporate dry & wet ingredients
The last step is to sift the cocoa powder, flour, and salt over the batter and gently incorporate everything. The best way to do this is by using a spatula. Don’t over-mix it!
Pour the batter into the rectangular tin and bake for about 25 min. The baking time will depend on the oven, so it is a good idea to check the brownie with a wooden stick after 22 min of baking.
To achieve that gooey center brownie, you will have to watch the baking time. As each oven is different, check your bake with a wooden skewer.
The stick has to be with some sticky crumbs on it ( not oozing batter either ).
And Voila… that delicious, crispy top, gooey in the middle brownie.
I hope you will give it a go and make these wonderful brownies. Enjoy!
If you love this recipe, why not make my Chocolate and Vanilla cake.
Super Easy Chocolate Brownie
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 300 g semi-sweet chocolate ( I used 45% cocoa chocolate)
- 3 large eggs ( room temperature )
- 375 g granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 130 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 35 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pre-heat oven to 175 C
- Butter and line 20x30cm baking tin with greaseproof paper
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and then remove it from the heat.Add chopped chocolate into hot butter and let it melt. Mix it together and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whip eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract with a handheld mixer until is nice and pale and the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the cooled down chocolate/ butter mixture into the egg/sugar mixture and mix it with a spatula until it is all incorporated. Make sure that the chocolate mixture has cooled down before pouring into eggs ( you don't want end up with scrambled egg )
- Mix flour, cocoa, and salt in another bowl.
- Sift your dry ingredients over batter and gently fold everything with a spatula until it is incorporated. Don't over-mix it, only mix to combine everything.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 min until an inserted wooden skewer comes out slightly sticky.